Tryon is an inspiring community rooted in the equestrian culture.
GOAL: To create a destination that is uniquely specific to our equestrian heritage.
OBJECTIVE: to increase foot traffic by 20%
1. Establish a baseline of visitors and foot traffic, compare improvements over the next 2 fiscal years.
2. Form steering committee for WEG in partnership with the town by August, 2017
1. Research and create a plan for advertising in equestrian-related media about Tryon’s equine history by November, 2017.
2. Identify ways to incorporate equestrian interests during all downtown events.
1. Create visually inviting elements throughout downtown and gateways by Spring, 2018.
1. Review and recommend updates to the town code of ordinances that allow for industries and businesses that complement the equestrian economy.